- GST for the year and copy of returns
- Any accounts receivable at year-end? Are these amounts included in total?
- Any accounts receivable for prior year? Are these included in total?
- Meals/entertainment - is amount at 50%, was GST only claimed at 50%
- Any asset additions (computers, equipment, tools, furniture, or vehicles during the year?
- Bank charges
- Business use of vehicle (proportion business usage, total KM for year, gas, insurance, repairs, car wash, BCAA)
- Office in home (area of home, portion for business, insurance, repairs, interest, property tax, hydro, water/sewer/garbage, heat)
- Inventory (Ending balance details/Purchase/Opening balance)
- Travel - Does this contain meals? If so needs to be segregated
- Bad Debts (are amounts included in sales?)
- Wages (have benefits been included in T-4s?)
- Subcontract (Construction - has T5018 been completed for contractors)
- Dues, fees, and licenses
- Telephone and Utilities
Note: If your expense category is not listed here, it is likely not on the tax return schedule and will require additional time to categorize
Any amounts at year-end that have been billed (relate to 2022) but not yet paid? (Are they included in the totals?)
Any amounts at prior year-end that were paid in 2021 but related to 2022 (Are they included in the totals?)